Monday, December 24, 2007

Tanjong Jara

I have been to islands and beaches. Not many but enough for me to make a comparison. For the 1st time I truly understood with my heart and body what it means to "let the sun just soak in". I was able to stay rooted cushioned by many square light brown pillows for 6 hours straight , surrounded by graceful coconut trees and variety of beach plants with the wide expand of the South China Sea in front and below of me. Initially, I had thought I would be immersed in the book I had brought with me. The unceasing perfect wind took me over and without realising, my book laid totally forgotten on the imitation rattan-weaved long chair as my eyes unwittingly strayed to the perfect blue and white sky above. It was a hard choice for my eyes. The waves were having a race towards the beach. Not high enough for surfing but unquestionably mesmerising and hypnotic, drawing my gaze away from the sky framed by swaying coconut leaves and dotted with cotton candy clouds. However, it was the sound of the sea that stole my heart and freeze that magnificent moment in my consciousness forever. I was embraced in the gentle warmth of the sun and caressed and teased by the strong yet measured breeze. I felt loved. I felt enough. Languid. I was amazed.

No comments: